By Alicia Ghio
I think by now you realize my love of breakfast smoothies. They are an easy, quick, healthy meal option. Last fall, I was all about the apple pie smoothie. Well, this year, I’ve turned my love of pumpkin pie into a delicious breakfast treat.
This recipe truly is a drinkable version of pumpkin pie. It is incredibly thick and creamy. In fact, you could eat it with a spoon. And I venture to say that while it makes a great breakfast, you could easily serve this in smaller portions as a dessert. It’s that good.
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 6 ice cubes
- Place all the ingredients into the blender, starting with the coconut water.
- Blend until smooth.
- For a thinner consistency use less ice cubes or add more coconut water.