For me, there is nothing like a fresh tomato and thankfully, they are finally making their appearance in my garden. Better late than never. To take advantage of their sweet, juicy nature, I love tossing them into all kinds of raw salads.
Last weekend, this tomato and cucumber salad was just perfect. It was truly refreshing and the perfect snack while enjoying some sunshine.
Tomato & Cucumber Salad
- 1 tomato, quartered and sliced
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, minced
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Arrange the tomato and cucumber slices around the plate.
- Sprinkle on the fresh dill.
- Drizzle on the vinegar followed by the olive oil.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy.
Alicia Ghio is a passionate home cook on a mission to inspire others to know where their food comes from, to know what