traveling with minors to Brazil

If a child was born in the United States, has an U.S. passport and one of his parents is Brazilian, what passport should he or she use to enter and leave Brazil?

According to the Brazilian Constitution (article 12c), if the child has a Brazilian birth certificate duly issued by a Brazilian Consulate, he thereby has Brazilian nationality. As a general rule, Brazilian citizens must enter Brazil with a Brazilian passport, notwithstanding the fact that they may also have another nationality (-ies).

Leave a Comment